Future Earth is looking for an outstanding Executive Director to provide strong leadership and guide the implementation of Future Earth’s broad and ambitious vision and scientific strategy. The successful candidate will be effective in further raising the visibility and value of Future Earth, and attracting funding for this implementation.
Future Earth is made up of multiple networks, projects and programmes involving scientists from many disciplines working voluntarily towards the goals of Future Earth. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent diplomacy skills who can bring these disciplines and cultures together in an environment of mutual respect and trust.
An important characteristic of the successful candidate will be his or her ability to strike a balance between accountability towards these multiple stakeholders and dedication to building a delivery-oriented environment for the hub directors and their teams by developing an agile, responsive work culture that fosters continuous learning and improvement.
- Delivering the next stage of the Future Earth implementation plan.
- Building trust, excitement and energy in the Future Earth networks and stakeholders in the vision of the organisation.
- Securing a step change in funding for research and engagement for global sustainability.
Develop and grow key partnerships and relationships with other networks, initiatives and governments.
- Leading a growing international team and build mechanisms to engage Future Earth’s regional and national networks.
- Raising the profile of the organisation among key stakeholders and media.
- Providing liaison between the secretariat and the Governing Council, Scientific Committee and Engagement Committee.
Deadline for Applications is February 3, 2017