The International START Secretariat located in Washington, DC USA, invites applications for a Program Specialist position. The Program Specialist will be primarily responsible for the management of two multi- year programs on global environmental change and capacity building in Africa. Specifically, this position will entail providing programmatic leadership in meeting START’s commitments to the Collaborative Adaptation Research Initiative in Africa and Asia (CARIAA) and the Future Climate for Africa (FCFA) initiative.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the Specialist will be expected to:
• Advise on the design and implementation of adaptation research in Western and Southern Africa;
• Co-organize and co-facilitate regional workshops and training events;
• Closely liaise with regional partners on project matters;
• Prepare project reports and peer-review publications; and
• Develop proposals for additional actions that increase START’s impact on these two initiatives.
The Program Specialist will be based at the International START Secretariat in Washington, DC USA and will report to Dr. Jon Padgham, Deputy Director of START. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience and will be supplemented by a comprehensive benefits and retirement package. International travel for representational and/or program development matters will be required.
Questions about this Position Announcement and responsibilities related to the Program Specialist position may be directed to Clark Seipt, Director of Programs at START (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please send a one-page statement of interest as well as a CV, two significant writing samples and contacts of at least three references to email@example.com. Applications must be received no later than 1 May 2015.